Overseas Mission Support
1. Dr. Larry Brown is a professor of Church History at African Bible College, Lilongwe, Malawi. We have been privileged to support Larry for the last 10 + years, and recently to visit with him in Atoka. Larry’s son, Carey, enjoys his time swimming for the ABC swim team. Pray for Larry as he teaches and leads the evangelistic outreach efforts of African Bible College.
2. Rev. Brandon and Mrs. Liz Wells are World Outreach Missionaries from the Memphis area. They served in Cairo, Egypt for a number of years and have been on home assignment for the last year. They are currently helping to prepare World Outreach missionaries who will be going to the field for the first time, but plan on re-entering the field by the summer of 2014. Pray that the Lord will use Brandon and Liz to help prepare missionaries for what they will face. Also, pray for them as they raise and train up their four young children.
3. Rev. Phil and Mrs. Diane Thrash and their daughter, Kelsey, spent over 5 years in Germany with World Outreach planting a church there. Once the church was self sustaining, the Thrash’s returned to the states for Phil become a mission mobilizer for World Outreach as well as to head up the most vital ministry of the EPC missionary prayer network. Pray for the Thrashes as they lead the EPC in prayer for the our missionaries.
4. Dr. Robbie and Mrs. Joyce Hamd are in Beirut, Lebanon. Robbie pastors at a local church which has a particular vision of ministry to the poor and Joyce teaches in the local school. Their oldest sons, Benjamin and Joseph, are in the states in colleges and graduate school and Lydia, their daughter, is in high school.
5. Nick and Amanda (last name withheld) and their two young daughters are on their way to the Middle East next summer to begin the ultimate work of planting a church among unengaged Muslims. Pray for their financial support to be finalized and for their language training in Arabic early on in their work.
National and Local Missions
1.Confidential Care is a local crisis pregnancy
which we are committed to in terms of prayer and financial support. We are thankful to be involved with this pro-life ministry.
2. Overseas Council has the vision of partnering with Seminaries and other theological institutions world wide in order that pastors in 3rd world countries might be able to receive theological education. It is our privilege to give one scholarship per year. Please pray for regional director Dan Tidwell in his work to make the name of Overseas Council more visible.